Winner – #46 – Heather
I have never had a love relationship with shoes. They have been a necessary evil – it is required in order to drive or go into a store that you wear shoes. I just have always struggled with shoes feeling comfortable so I really didn’t care for them. My husband loved it because it meant I wasn’t high maintenance.
I use the word wasn’t because I found a shoe that I love, can’t live without, and wear everyday. I want every shoe in every style and I wonder why I had never bought these shoes before.
I recently had the opportunity to review Dansko’s spring and summer line of sandals. I was sent the Dansko Sigrid sandals to check out and as soon as I took them from the box, I was impressed with their high quality and beautiful styling. Then I tried them on….
I felt very much like I was stepping on a pillow! These shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and to be honest, I’m ready to throw out the other shoes and just wear my Dansko’s.
I have noticed that I can walk longer with my feet hurting and with two young ones 2 and under, this is the most important thing to me. I have always had problems with shin splits and high arches – not so with my Dansko sandals. Why? Here is a little information about the Sigrid shoe from the Dansko Sausalito collection:
“The Sausalito collection features the same rocker bottom construction as Dansko’s classic clog construction but on a slimmer lighter weight base. Making this the perfect platform for a host or fun sandal designs. Contoured foot-bed with arch support provides all day support while the rocker bottom keeps the foot and leg moving forward in a natural gait for less fatigue even after spending all day on your feet. Uppers made from garment soft nappa leathers and waxy casual leathers.”
My sister has recommended Dansko to me every time I was pregnant but I really thought they only created Professionals that were for nurses,doctors, and those that work in a homecare agency. The Professionals are cute but for a mom like me, I prefer a different look and Dansko’s sandals are perfect!
Like many of people who buy Dansko’s, I believe these shoes are an investment. These shoes are more expensive but they are an investment in how I walk and how my feet feel at the end of the day. At the end of a hard day spent playing, shopping, and chasing my kids – my feet still feel good and I am not as tired as I had been with my inexpensive shoes.
I highly recommend finding Dansko’s at retail shoe store near you. Check them out, try them on, and see what you think. If you would like to find a store that carries Dansko’s, go to Find A Store on Dansko’s website. These would be a wonderful Mother’s Day gift for that special mom in your life!
Dansko has generously offered to give a pair of shoes to one EmpoweringMommy.com reader. These shoes will be the winner’s choice from the new styles and colors!
1. Check out Dansko’s new styles and colors and let me know which one you would pick if you won. This is the style and color that you will receive so chose carefully. Do this one first!!
2. Become a follower of this blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you follow. This will be verified.
3. Subscribe to this blog by email. Leave me a comment letting me know you did so. This will be verified.
4. Grab my new button (found in the sidebar) and post it on your blog. If you have an old button, make sure you grab the new one. This must be up when the giveaway closes.
5. Leave a comment on another one of my posts – must be a nongiveaway post. Leave a comment with which post you commented on. If entering many different giveaways, it must be a different post for each giveaway.
Tweet this – Enter to win a pair of Dansko’s sandals on EmpoweringMommy.com from @rachaelcoe and @Dansko_footwear http://bit.ly/aJYblU
7. Become a fan (or like) of Empowering Mommy and Dansko on Facebook. Leave a comment on Dansko’s facebook fan page that EmpoweringMommy.com sent you. Please leave a comment along with your facebook name letting me know you did so.
This giveaway ends May 7, 2010 and is open to the US only. Make sure that you leave your email address in each
comment. Leave a separate comment for every entry that you make so that these will count for you! Have fun and I look forward to announcing the winners of this great giveaway!