Winner – #
After months of America voting on which way people roll their toilet paper, it has been decided – 72% of Americans roll over! While I will not be changing to rolling over my toilet paper because I am a roll under kind of girl – I am thrilled to say that the Cottonelle debate has caused Cottonelle to make their toilet even softer and stronger. They have fondly named this new product Cottonelle Roll Over in honor of all those who “roll over”.
What Does Rolling Over Say About Americans?
The vote to roll over says more about Americans than just their toilet paper placement style. To gain insight into how America rolls and why, the brand commissioned a survey of 1,000 Americans ages 18-65+ and found that:
- Those who prefer hanging their toilet paper over are more likely to have engaged in flipping the direction of the roll at a friend’s home, with 27 percent of “overs” admitting to doing so.
- In addition to being more apt to switch the way the roll hangs at friends’ homes, those who prefer to roll over seem to be more particular about the whole subject. For instance:
- “Overs” are most likely to notice the direction the toilet paper is hanging (74 percent).
- “Overs” are more likely to be annoyed when the roll is the wrong way (24 percent).
Cottonelle brand consulted Dr. Gilda Carle, psychotherapist and internationally renowned relationship expert, for her observations on basic character traits associated with how people roll. According to Dr. Gilda, “People who roll over like taking charge, crave organization and are likely to overachieve. It seems to me that Americans are passionate about rolling over due to the sense of control that it gives them.”
In honor of the end of this great debate and the new Cottonelle Roll Over, Kimberly Clark has generously offered one reader a $50 Walmart giftcard and a 24 pack of Cottonelle toilet paper. You have ten possible ways to enter so your chances are great to winning this great prize package!
1. Leave me a comment letting me know which way you roll your toilet paper and if you a “roll under” kind of person, will you be switching to rolling over? Do this one first!!
2. Become a follower of this blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you follow. This will be verified.
3. Subscribe to this blog by email. Leave me a comment letting me know you did so. This will be verified.
4. Grab my new button (found in the sidebar) and post it on your blog. If you have an old button, make sure you grab the new one. This must be up when the giveaway closes.
5. Leave a comment on another one of my posts – must be a nongiveaway post. Leave a comment with which post you commented on. If entering many different giveaways, it must be a different post for each giveaway.
Tweet this – Win a $50 Walmart giftcard and 24 pack of Cottonelle toilet paper at EmpoweringMommy.com. http://bit.ly/cFGnX3
7. Become a fan (or like) of Empowering Mommy on Facebook and update your facebook status. Please leave a comment along with your facebook name letting me know you did so.
Leave this as your facebook status – Win a $50 Walmart giftcard and 24 pack of Cottonelle toilet paper at EmpoweringMommy.com. http://empoweringmommy.com/2010/05/roll-over-with-cottonelle-giveaway-ends-61.html
8. Like Cottonelle on Facebook and let them know that EmpoweringMommy.com sent you. Please leave a comment along with your facebook name letting me know you did so.
9. Click the like Facebook button at the bottom of this post. You will find this right below the disclosure statement. Please leave a comment letting me know you did so.
10. Blog about this giveaway. You must have a link to this giveaway in your blog post. Leave me a comment with the link to your blog post.
This giveaway ends June 15, 2010 and is open to the US only. Make sure that you leave your email address in each comment. Leave a separate comment for every entry that you make so that these will count for you! Have fun and I look forward to announcing the winners of this great giveaway!
For more rules on this Cottonelle sweepstakes, head here.